1. The Terms, Conditions and Exclusions applicable to Heatfix Service Plans are as follows.
2. It is a condition precedent that central heating equipment is serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations by Heatfix prior to acceptance for cover.
3. This Plan covers the parts listed in the applicable Schedule against unforeseeable failures which necessitate repair or replacement to resume their normal function.
4. This Plan covers the cost of replacement parts and associated labour charges up to a maximum of £1,200 during the twelve months period of cover commencing and expiring at the dates shown in the welcome letter or renewal notice.
5. If you move house during the currency of this Plan the new owner may apply to Heatfix for written confirmation that the benefit of cover is transferred until the Plan expiry date. No refund of premium will be made for any unexpired portion of this Plan at any time.
6. Heatfix will not be held responsible for any delay in the provision of replacement components or spare parts.
7. This Plan does not provide cover against the boiler having to be replaced because suitable replacement components or spare parts are no longer obtainable.
8. This Plan does not cover faults attributable to faulty installation or design. Acceptance of a boiler or central heating system under this Plan does not imply that it is installed satisfactory to prevailing standards.
9. Heatfix are entitled to cancel this Plan by giving 14 days' written notice, in such an unlikely event a pro-rata portion of the premium paid will be refunded.
10. In the event that a Heatfix engineer is called out to rectify a fault which is not covered by the Plan, you may be responsible for any costs incurred.
11. This Plan covers you for call outs Monday – Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-12pm subject to Engineer availability.
This Plan does not cover:
1. Decorative parts, towel rails, unvented pressurised hot water cylinders, Grade 1 & 2 vented hot water cylinders, or hot water cylinders in excess of 140 litres capacity.
2. Cold water storage tanks, hot and cold domestic pipework, taps shower pumps or any other equipment not specifically for the central heating system.
3. Any defect attributable to faulty design or installation.
4. Any Adjustments to time, temperature controls, replacement of batteries or re-pressurising boilers or systems.
5. The fabric of the building, pipework, ducting or flues contained therein.
6. Pipework or controls in inaccessible positions or under floor.
7. Any defect caused by malicious or wilful action, negligence, misuse or third party interference.
8. Any damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, flood, storm, frost, impact or any other extraneous cause.
9. The electrical power circuit to which the installation is connected.
10. The gas supply pipe from the meter to the boiler.
11. Any part of the condensate pipework external from the boiler including condensate pumps.
12. Consequential damage or loss of any nature whatsoever arising as a result of any defect occurring in the central heating system.
13. Any defect or damage resulting from a failure of public gas, water or electricity supply. Descaling and any damage arising from water scale deposits or from corrosion.
14. Any part of magnetic corrosion filters.
15. Any repairs or replacement to the flue system.
16. Any blockages or airlocks in the system.
17. Any parts or component not specifically mentioned in the Schedule or Schedules applicable.
18. Any repair or replacement which may be covered by this Plan that is undertaken without the prior and explicit authority of Heatfix.
19. Any costs however derived occasioned by delay in obtaining replacement parts.
20. Any costs however derived in the event that replacement parts cannot be obtained for any reason and the necessary repair cannot be effected.
On expiry of this Service Plan, Heatfix may offer you renewal terms at their sole discretion, dependent upon the age and condition of the system at that time.